Friday, 19 April 2013

Travelling More With Less -

I recently launched a facebook page called Best&Less Escapade (please 'like' if you are a thrifty traveller like me :)

Whenever I travel, I look for good deals. Before I had the privilege of accumulating miles, I only travel when the airline has good a good deal. And I will start to google for cheap accommodations (by cheap I don't mean hostels YET) the moment I got the air tickets.

My planning is always very extensive. I will plan in such a way that I know the transport costs I'll be spending. Don't get me wrong, I totally know the fun part of a self-planned trip is getting lost, but getting lost while you are walking with a map leisurely and getting lost while you are with a luggage and need to reroute all over again with extra transport costs are two entirely different things altogether. I also like to indulge in good meals while looking out for the 'simpler' ones.

I am currently planning for my Italy trip in the summer and I discovered the internal train from city to city costs only 9 euros if I purchase 120 days in advance! We say early birds always get the worms right? So very true!
With this in mind, I started this Best&Less Escapade page so everyone can benefit from it.

Likewise, everyone is welcomed to contribute actively whatever they had experienced or read on all the good deals that you think other travelers should know and won't mind sharing. I'm not asking you to share a $500 a night 5-star hotel room (well, you can too, if you want!) but a $100 a-night hotel room with a 5 star service would be most welcomed!

While this blog is a diary of my journey in detail, the facebook page is a 'bookmark' for all travelers like me, who enjoys simpler things without a crazy price tag :)


No comments:

Post a Comment