Saturday, 25 June 2011

The Holy City

Jerrusalam moves me a lot. No, I'm not a Christian or Catholic but still, who will not be touched by the story of Jesus Christ?

Here I am, at the holiest city ever, Israel's capital, home to four big religions (Christians, Muslims, Jewish, Armenians) I doubt anyone will walk out of this city feeling calmed, especially if you have gone through the steps that Jesus have taken. Even I was touched by the stories I heard...



At the place where Jesus prayed as he knows he'll be dying, before the romans came to capture him (if I got the facts right), what was he praying for?




At the spot where he was crucified..What was in his mind at that time? Why is he willing to take the suffering? What has his suffering benefit mankind?

Where Jesus was crucified...


At the spot where Mary stood, watching her own son suffered.......

I am not sure if there is non-religious people in Jerrusalam but judging from the people I saw on the street, I doubt there is any. The whole city, inside the old wall, is mesmerizing. The man in black (Rabi or religious?) Kids playing happily at the quarter. Adults shopping at their own religion compound. Merchants selling goods they shipped from everywhere (now i know where our unwanted stuffs went to) and the number of people praying at The Western Wall...I would love to come back here sometime.....I love Jerrusalam, it is llike a lady behind a black mask, there's so much for you to discover....I hope to have an opportunity to go back sometime...

No comments:

Post a Comment